1. Remove the bandage in the morning. Leaving it on overnight will help prevent you from becoming stuck to the bedding or night clothes.
2. Wash the tattoo thoroughly with cool to warm soapy water. Gently remove any surface blood and ointment. Please don't use a washcloth or scrub brush.
3. Rinse well and pat dry.
4. Rub a tiny amount of A&D Ointment into the tattoo a minimum of 3 times per day for the first 3 days. If you can wipe off excess ointment, you've applied too much.
5. On the 4th day, switch to moisturizer. I recommend Curel, Nivea, and Eucerin.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEW TATTOO
• ALWAYS wash your hands before and after touching your tattoo. Your hands are the most likely source of infection.
• Please be aware of sharing your DNA. Keep blood and body fluids from contacting other people or surfaces.
• DO NOT bandage again.
• DO NOT use harsh soaps. Use a gentle moisturizing soap or an antibacterial soap. Use a liquid or foaming soap or a fresh bar of soap.
• DO NOT pick or scratch the tattoo.
• DO NOT soak the tattoo for one week. (No tubs, saunas, swimming, etc. but please shower.)
• DO NOT expose to direct sunlight for two weeks. Afterward, always use a sunblock to keep your tattoo bright.
• DO NOT PANIC! If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call.